10 Things To Do For A Day Trip In Venice
Venice is the capital of northern Italy’s Veneto region. Built on more than 100 small islands in a marshy lagoon in the Adriatic Sea. Stunning architecture. Mysterious passageways. And of course, the canals. Venice is one of the most alluring cities in the world. Travelers from all over the world flood the city. And yes, there are no cars or roadways, just canals and boats.
Venice city is the type of place where, as a traveler, you’ll welcome getting lost. We were lost few times and frustrated. The water city filled with innumerable narrow, mazelike alleys and small squares. So be careful or bring a map with you.
Here is the list for 10 Things To Do For A Day Trip In Venice:
1. Grand Canal – Take a taxi boat and stay inside the boat from one end to another end. You need to buy a ticket, buy the 20 Euro for whole day, this ticket you can use multiple times. Get a seat where you can see clearly those buildings so you can take nice photos for memories. But, please be reminded that taxi often full with other travelers so becareful with your belonging.
2. Photo & Video – don’t forget to take lots of photos and videos while you are on the boats, cos after you get out, you won’t see the same buildings again.
3. Visit Saint Mark’s Basilica (Basilica di San Marco) – Take an elevator to the observation deck, from there you can see the beautiful panoramic view of Venice and the neighboring islands. Oh and look out for the houses with red roof tiles, their interesting as well.
4. Visit St. Mark’s Square (Piazza San Marco) – this place probably the most beautiful place of the city of Venice. The idyllic location makes the St Mark’s Square a famous destination. From here, you will find narrow streets in all directions. St. Mark’s Square is at sea level and is therefore usually flooded at high tide. So you should plan to visit on summer or dry days. Also try to feed the pigeons
5. Eat Ice cream – In summer the weather can be extreme hot so buy some ice cream to cool you down. They only cost 2-4 euro. This was mine, chocolate and vanilla. Bought it near to St. Mark’s Square area.
6. Shopping for Masquerade mask – buy Masquerade masks for your Mardi Gras party, they have the best and huge selection of mask. Some made using swarozski crystal. Prices are range from cheap to expensive. Carnival or mardi gras, is celebrated in Italy and many places around the world usually 40 days before Easter.
7. Murano glass – Check out the famous Murano Glass Handmade in Venice. You will find them everywhere in the city. I saw one with the balloon shape, so nice. If you have extra money buy them, they really look beautiful.
8. Gondola ride – Price start from 70 Euro for 30 Minutes ride. Some said it was really not worth what it costs. The interesting thing is that the gondola enters the small channels, however some channels are accessible on foot. So you make the call
9. Coffee or Tea – grab a seat somewhere at St. Mark’s Square and drink coffee or tea of your choice, but here the price for coffee are not cheap, they are 8 Euro per cup. But how often you visit Venice, why don’t you splurge some for your time and holiday here.
10. Go to a Restaurant – At least try one of the restaurant, go for lunch or dinner. We had lunch at Restaurant La Nuova Grotta Venice. You can read my review there. But don’t be alarmed if the Italian food is not as good as what you expected. This is a tourist area, they might scam or cheat your money so becareful of what you order.
Thank you for reading, hope you have a good time in Venice. Don’t forget to follow me on Facebook.