Best Hotel In Bordeaux
Two weeks trip to Bordeaux, France was one of the best holiday for me. Bordeaux is known as the world’s major wine industry capital. Wine lovers come to visit the city for its specialty ‘Famous wines’ of course. So after doing some research we finally settled for Bordeaux Relais de Margaux – Golf & Spa Hotel.
Relais de Margaux is a 4-star Hotel. The property used to be a Chateau in the late 19th century now transform to Hotel, how cool is that. Since November 2006, Relais de Margaux confirmed as the non smoking establishment.
We love staying here for 6 reasons:
1) Free Wifi – get the password and username from the front desk, it lasyt for 24 hours so ask for more if you are staying few days. 1 username and password per 1 device. So if you have two phones and a laptop, ask for 3. Staff are very understanding, they don’t judge you when you ask for more.
2) Far from the noise and busy lifestyle of Bodeaux city – takes about 30 minutes drive from Relais de Margaux – Golf & Spa Hotel. So when we come back to the hotel, we feel relax and calm. In the morning you can hear birds chirping ans sing along in summer music.
3) The hotel surrounded by famous Chateaus like Chateau Dauzac, Chateau De Palmer, Chateau Lascombes, Chateau d’Issan and many more. We visited some of the Chateaus too.
4) Fantastic food – Hotel staffs told us where to have good lunch or dinner nearby the hotel. Restaurant Le Savoie, La Boucherie Restaurant, Le Saint Julien Restaurant to name a few. Simple menu but good food. You can go to this restaurants if you want. Just use Waze application to find the way.
5) Friendly staffs. They take good care of us, answers all our questions and always there when we need something.
6) Vey Clean hotel – Our room was cleaned daily. To be one of the best hotel in Bordeaux, you have to keep the cleanliness, and Relais de Margaux nailed it!
But there are 3 reasons you wont be happy about.
1. Safe – The safe provided in our room couldn’t be opened at all. You need to get the key from the front desk, but even the staff can’t open it. So at the end we didn’t use it at all. We have to carry our valuable everytime we go out. That’s a bit troublesome.
2. The Daily Hot breakfast at L’Ile Vincent Restaurant was not up to 4-star standard. Really nothing for me there. Very little selection for 20Euro per person. At the end, every morning we drove to nearby pattiserie and buy some nice croissant and other breads and have coffee there.
3. No bell boy. We bought 90 bottles of wines from the region and can you imagine we have to carry all the wine boxes by ourselves to our car. Lucky they have the trolley and still it’s funny no bell boy or concierge.
Overall we are happy staying here, will we come again? Of course we will, it’s one of the best hotel in Bordeaux 😀