Ti Chen Chinese Restaurant Saujana Hotel
Chinese favorite breakfast! Dim sum or ‘Dian Xin’ in Mandarin is a style of Chinese food prepared as small bite-sized or individual portions of food traditionally served in small steamer baskets or on small plates. Dim sum is also well known for the unique way it is served in some restaurants, whereby fully cooked and ready-to-serve dim sum dishes are carted around the restaurant for customers to choose their orders while seated at their tables – according to Wikipedia.
Everytime I think of Halal Dim Sum, Ti Chen definitely comes to mind. It is not just the dim sum served are scrumptious but the Chef has a big heart. Dim Sum Master Chef Yau always meet and greet his customers to make sure they are happy with the food. The key person behind Ti Chen Dim Sum is Chef Yau & Lai. These 2 amazing guys, never disappoint us, we keep coming for more.
Decoration here is simple with a slight touch of modern Chinese interior. Staffs are very welcoming and friendly. This restaurant caters for functions as well, if you need a close and personal function with a great food do consider Ti Chen.
Went to Ti Chen last week for breakfast. Not many good Halal Dim Sum you can find in Kuala Lumpur or Subang, they are mostly non-halal. That is why I go back and forth to Ti Chen Saujana in Subang, not just the food are delicious and affordable, but the beautiful scenery looking at the green golf course very much giving extra happiness to your day.
The Dim Sum Master : Chef Yau Kim Yew
33 years of age with Dim Sum making as a passion, Chef Yau is no stranger to this oriental culinary art. Having won numerous awards such as The World Golden Chef Competition 2010 – Outstanding Gold Medalist for the Individual Category, The World Golden Chef Competition 2010 – Gold Medalist for the Team Category and The World Golden Chef Competition 2010 – Gold Medalist for the Food Presentation category, Yau brings with him 12 years of experience in dim sum making. (Credit to Saujana Hotel)
Ti Chen Restaurant Team is so great until they got invitation to showcase their food in Soelden, Austria.
One dish that I fell in love so much is ‘Jackfruit with prawn’. You can’t get it anywhere. My advise, if you wanna try Ti Chen, make sure you order Jackfruit with prawn, no regrets.
Here are some of the dim sum which I always order:
1. Deep Fried Prawn With Jack fruit RM12 – I cannot leave Ti Chen restaurant without ordering this, served hot and they cut small so that you can eat mini size of it. Crispy, taste the sweetness of homemade jack fruit sauce, fresh prawn melts in your mouth.
2. Chilled Durian Pancake RM15 – we usually order this for dessert. You can also get this elsewhere at the shopping mall. But since you are here, might as well order a plate.
3. Ti Chen’s Signature Steamed Phoenix Claw With Bean Curd Skin RM9 – Phoenix claw here is also one of our favorite, very well marinated. Can’t get this taste outside. I may not know how they actually prepare but they usually come hot and tasted fresh. I went to few other places but the dishes so fast get cold, I wonder why?
4. Pan Fried Cheong Fun With Dried Shrimps RM10
5. Ti Chen Steamed Prawn Dumplings with Scallop Fringe RM13
6. Century Egss With Chicken Porridge RM9
7. Pan Fried Prawn Rolls With Beef Bacons And Barbeque Sauce RM12
8. Wok Radish Cakes With Seafood RM17
9. Steamed prawn dumpling – traditional dim sum a must have at the table
10. Bittergourd pudding – my favourite dessert here
This time visit, Chef Yau was making a new menu and gladly let us taste them. The new dish was a combination of eggplant and deep fried prawn with thai sauce. Very different and delicious. If it’s in the menu already, you guys go try okay.
Miss Tawau’s Rating:
Closed on Mondays
Call for booking (603) 7843 1234