What To Do In Solden Austria
This is my 2nd time visit to Solden, my 1st was 2 months ago in Jan-Feb for winter holiday with my partner. It was cold and I did not enjoy the weather but now is in spring mode, so happy to have such a nice weather where you can walk without being afraid of cold.
According to Wikipedia; Solden Austria is about c. 467 km2 (180 sq mi), it is the largest municipality in the country. „I wonder what is municipality?“ The population of 4,113 (as of 2011) is outnumbered by tourists, of which 15,000 can be accommodated. The tourists here more than the local. With tourist bed nights running at over two million per year, the municipality is third only to Vienna and Salzburg as an Austrian tourist destination. Solden has small beautiful villages, like Roppen, Langenfeld, Umhaussen and many others.
The main village of Sölden is at an elevation of 1,368 metres (4,488 ft) above sea level, and the upper village of Hochsölden at 2,090 m (6,857 ft) has 5 four-star hotels. The highest peak is the Wildspitze, at 3,768 m (12,362 ft), the second highest mountain in Austria, after the Großglockner.
The Ötztal Glacier Road, is the second highest paved road in Europe. It is the access road from Sölden to the Rettenbach glacier and Tiefenbachferner glaciers in the Ötztal Alps.
1. Stay in Das Central Hotel – The Hotel where I am currently staying Das Central Hotel is located at the central of Solden, rated as a 5 star hotel. Most of the guests staying here live the Alpine.Luxury.Life. Read their excellent reviews in Tripadvisor. The staffs are friendly and always welcome guests with a warm smile. Not to mention about the 24 hours free wifi service, that’s the best other than the hospitality the hotel provided! I am sure all bloggers will agree to this.
2. Go ski-ing or take ski lesson on the Oztal Alps – They have one of the best ski resort in the whole Austria. White fluppy snow, Solden is one of Austria’s best all round resorts, with some great intermediate terrain, and the craziest apres ski in the alps.
3. Go to the Mountain Restaurant! – Dine at one of the highest restaurant in the world for the marvelous Alpine cuisine with an amzing mountain view. I love their mountain restaurants especially Ice Q Restaurant & Tirolerstube at the Gaislachkogl.
4. Join Wein Am Berg The Wine Festival (Winter) – which they organised every year in April. I was here last year when the theme was “Austria Meets Asia” I am so looking forward to join again, one of the best event I have attended.
5. Mountainbiking in the Oetztal alps – There are more than 687 kilometers of official bike trails are waiting to be explored. Especially in Summer, family are seen enjoying their adventurous ride together.
This post will be updated whenever I find other thing you could do in Solden, for now, just this I can think of